The 2017 Cadillac CTS features an all-new grille design in the front fascia and an all-new rear fascia with vertical exhaust orientation and valence panel changes. The front fascia remains unchanged for the CTS V-Sport and CTS-V.
Linear elements, including an uninterrupted feature line that runs from the headlamps to the taillamps, emphasize the Cadillac CTS’s long, lean proportion and contribute three-dimensional qualities to its surface. CTS’s low height contributes to the world-class driving dynamics and the car’s sophisticated curb-appeal.
Cadillac’s signature bold vertical lighting elements, including LED front signature lighting details, evolve with headlamps that flow up and with the hood line. The headlamp housings incorporate crystalline LED light guides in the upper and lower forward corners, bringing uniform white illumination without hot spots and serving as the daytime running lamps.
Projector-beam halogen headlamps are standard and high-intensity discharge headlamps with Adaptive Forward Lighting are available.
The first-, second- and third-order bezel elements within the taillamp housings offer a distinctive rear signature for the Cadillac CTS when illuminated. LED lights within crystalline blade structures ensure a crisp, uniform appearance and the Cadillac script is etched in the upper illumination blade.
Additional exterior features include:
- New 18-inch Ultra-bright machined with dark painted pockets alloy wheel design is standard on V-Sport and 17” wheel design in two finishes is standard on CTS
- Cadillac’s upscale new grille design; Galvano chrome finish on CTS, Luxury and Premium Luxury grilles and a unique grille with black chrome accents on V-Sport and V-Sport Premium Luxury
- Active aero grille shutters standard on CTS, Luxury and Premium Luxury (not included with Driver Assist package or V-Sport)
- Available illuminating door handles with Galvano polished aluminum finish
- Rainsense automatic windshield wipers included with Driver Awareness package
- Seamless Galvano aluminum trim around the side windows that reinforces CTS’s craftsmanship with the “line weighting” of an artist’s pencil –thicker in some areas and thinner in others to emphasize different proportions
- Chevron-shaped center high-mounted stop lamp is inset in the leading edge of the trunk lid for a more elegant, integrated appearance
- Through-fascia trapezoidal exhaust ports are accented with chrome trim
In addition to the two new exterior colors offered for 2017 –Bronze Dune Metallic and Silver Moonlight Metallic – other choices are Phantom Grey Metallic, Red Obsession Tintcoat, Crystal White Tintcoat, Radiant Silver Metallic, Black Raven, Dark Adriatic Blue Metallic, Stellar Black Metallic and Moonstone Metallic.